103 Grande Rue de la Croix-Rousse 69317 LYON Cedex 04
Phone: +33 4 72 07 62 22 - Cellphone: +33 6 32 07 19 90
Revision Knee Arthroplasty
" All there is to know about revision knee arthroplasty in 3 days "
Get your diaries out!
Thursday 20th September
Roger BADET / Michel BONNIN
1. Revision TKA Analysis and strategy
- Our experience
- What is the diagnostic evaluation before revision?
- What always has to be done: a clinical examination and an x-ray
- What occasionally has to be done: other tests (MRI..)
- What we cannot see: blood test results
- Evaluation on both a pain and mental level
- Can we make improvements?
- Some tips on how to limit the risk of revision
- Strategy and planning of the revision
- Practice: clinical case
2. Revision for incorrect prosthesis size
3. Revision for allergy
- Current Epidemiology / JDG study
- Material at fault and the basis of immunology
- Mini battle: I believe / I don’t believe
- What can we deduce?
- Anti-allergic prosthesis
- In the event of any doubt... (Primary TKA)
4. Clinical cases
- Revision due to implant failure
- Revision for mechanical loosening
Friday 21st September
Alban PINAROLI / Elvire SERVIEN
Technical and Practical considerations during a TKA revision
The Surgical sequence
- Surgical approach: strategy and cutaneous risk
- Exposure of the knee and extensor mechanism
- Joint level
- Extraction of implants / Cement
- How to define femoral and tibial rotation
- Knee stability in flexion and extension
- Choice of constraint
- Fixation by zone for TKA revision
- Pins: which to choose? (straight, bent, length and diameter) / What to do?
- TKA prosthesis revision: with or without cement (mini-battle)
- The patella; resurfacing and closure of the extensor mechanism: how to avoid dislocation?
- Navigation, PSI, robotics, tailor-made? New technologies for revision.
11.15 am - Congress Photo
11.30 am -> 12.30 pm - Workshops
1.45 pm -> 2.15 pm - Workshops
Friday 21st September
Caroline DEBETTE / Sébastien LUSTIG
Revision for periprosthetic fracture
Revision due to stiffness
Revision for femoral-tibial instability
Bone Loss management
Revision for a positioning problem
- Frontal plane
- Sagittal plane
- Horizontal plane (rotation difficulties)
- Soft tissue imbalance
The place of partial TKA revision
Saturday 22nd September
David DEJOUR / Guillaume DEMEY
Revision TKA and the extensor mechanism
- Stiffness (Patella Infera)
- Rupture of the extensor mechanism
- Patellar instability
Revision due to infection
- Prevention? The medico legal aspects
- Experience: LYSKS / CRIOAC / National data
- Diagnostic: relevance of supplementary examinations when there is a suspicion of infection
- Biology: synovial CRP, Alpha defensin…
- Infection in TKA: when to re-operate?
Surgical care of a septic TKA
- What is the role of aspiration?
- What is the role of synovectomy and lavage?
- What is the role of single stage revision?
- What is the role of two stage revision?
- What are the role of spacers?
- What is the role of ATB?
- What to do and what not to do
- Re-implantation: the whole program
- The revision of a revision, reconstruction of a prosthesis, arthrodesis prosthesis
Take home message